Welcome to the Mustang and Wild Horse Rescue of Georgia. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing a program for wild horses captured by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) wild horse roundups. We provide training and placement within an environment of physical well-being and trust. We have two locations in Georgia, one in Canton and the second in Talking Rock.
Mustang and Wild Horse Rescue of Georgia is devoted to:
- Providing haven for mustangs and wild horses that have been abused or neglected following adoption through the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) wild horse management program and rehabilitating them to be saddle ready so they can be successfully adopted.
- Rescuing BLM wild burros that are in need of a safe haven.
- Finding people who will adopt the horses and burros and provide them with a safe environment where they will be loved and cared for.
- Acquiring sufficient acreage for use as a sanctuary for those horses and burros that cannot be adopted.
- Raising public awareness of the plight of wild horses and burros, enlightening folks as to why saving these Living Legends is critical to our nation, and inspiring people to get involved.
- Bringing people who have a deep love and respect for horses, especially mustangs, together with horses that need love and respect.
- Providing volunteers with opportunities to utilize their existing skills and develop new skills while working with us to us gentle, train, and re-home the horses and burros in our care.